Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

My most favorite holiday, Thanksgiving.  I am so blessed to be celebrating another Thanksgiving.  I thank God for every moment I can spend with my family and friends.

This year I will be having Thanksgiving at my house.  My Mom, sister Mary, Matt, Markie, Erin and of course my little angels Markie and Hailey will be here.  Sad but Maxwell will not be able to join us.  He will be here for Christmas.

Mom and I will be cooking up a storm today.  First on the list and the star of the show is gnocchi.  What would Thanksgiving be without our gnocchi.  Next roasting yams and carrots, Nana is making the stuffing and we will prepare ahead Cheesy Squash.  I'm so excited to have my family here and cooking for them is my passion.  Sissy will be making chocolate and banana cream pies.  Yummy!

I decided to take a Dexadron break this week.  I really had a hard time two weeks ago when I had to take Valcade, Dexadron and Cytroxan.  Wow kicked my butt.  We were in Chico and I couldn't even get off the couch at Danny and Diane's house.  It was awful.  So this week had Valcade yesterday and hopefully won't have too many side effects.

Mark, Markie and Markie (my grandson) will be spending the day together on Friday at the Shark's game.  All three are so excited.  I will be at home making gingerbread houses.  My Christmas tradition is getting bigger.  I have a total of 9 houses to make this year.  It brings me such joy to see my grandkids and grand nieces/nephews and I can't forget Riven (Nancie's grandson) my donor little sisters, Ashanti and Angelina decorating their gingerbread houses.  It is a tradition I have done for many years and makes me feel so blessed.

So here is wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving and stop and enjoy every moment!

Love,
Debbie

No comments: